Summer Reading Program
Summer Library Programs are held in public libraries all across Arkansas in June through August every year. This is an LSTA Sponsored Program.
Public libraries will be offering a variety of activites, events, and learning opportunties for their local communities. In 2018, most will be focusing on music and using the theme of "Libraries Rock!" Each library will have their own schedule of events so check out a library near you and join in the fun!
To locate the library nearest you, visit our library map directory at https://library.arkansas.gov/arkansas-library-locations
- 2018 Libraries Rock! (all ages)
- 2017 Build a Better World (all ages)
- 2016 On Your Mark, Get Set, READ!; Get in the Game (Teen); Exercise Your Mind (Adult)
- 2015 Every Hero Has a Story; Unmask! (Teen); Escape the Ordinary (Adult)
- 2014 Fizz Boom READ!; Spark a Reaction (Teen); Literary Elements (Adult)
- 2013 Dig into Reading; Beneath the Surface (Teen); Groundbreaking Reads (Adult)
- 2012 Dream Big READ!; Own the Night (Teen); Between the Covers (Adult)
- 2011 One World, Many Stories; You are Here! (Teen); Novel Destinations (Adult)
- 2010 Make a Splash- READ!; Makes Waves at Your Library (Teen); Water Your Mind (Adult)
- 2009 Be Creative @ Your Library; Express Yourself @ Your Library (Teen)
Arkansas participates in the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) which is a grassroots consortium of states working together to provide high-quality summer reading program materials for children at the lowest cost possible for their public libraries.
By combining resources and working with a commercial vendor to produce materials designed exclusively for CSLP members, public libraries in participating states or systems can purchase posters, reading logs, bookmarks, certificates and a variety of reading incentives at significant savings.
For more information contact Cathy Howser, Arkansas State Library, 501-682-2860; email@example.com
Where is the library near you? Arkansas Public Library Directory