Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Resources
If Experiencing Symptoms:
Following the recommendations of the CDC may help prevent the disease from spreading. Call ahead for instruction before visiting a healthcare provider.
- Arkansas Department of Health coronavirus hotline: 1-800-803-7847
- Arkansas Children's Hospital hotline for concerns regarding children: 1-800-743-3616
- UAMS: 1-800-632-4502
- UAMS free 24-hour online screening
Resources & Information
The Arkansas State Library tracks information about library closures, service limitations, and related information as it is reported. Library staff can report changes in status to ASL online.
Many libraries offer online collections containing eBooks, periodicals and other digital resources that can be accessed from home. Check local library websites for availability and access procedures. The Traveler program's digital resources are always accessible to all Arkansas citizens, but many publishers are offering free access to additional materials during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Arkansas Democrat Gazette maintains a list of statewide closures and event cancellations related to the COVID-19 outbreak. The newspaper is providing all coverage related to COVID-19 free of charge to all readers.
LexisNexis COVID-19 Legislative & Regulatory Updates
State legislatures, governors and regulatory agencies are proactively responding to the coronavirus epidemic. LexisNexis provides free public access to compilation of state and federal activity in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including pending bills, new regulations and executive orders.
No registration is required to access the collection, but signing up provides a free 50-state report with daily updates on existing measures plus new legislative and regulatory proposals.
United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
CDC Resource Guides
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) homepage.
- Latest Updates from the CDC on the current situation.
- About COVID-19: how the disease spreads, its symptoms, and what to do if you become ill.
- COVID-19 What Older Adults Need to Know
- What You Need to Know about Handwashing
- How to Protect Yourself Against COVID-19
White House Corona Virus Task Force
Arkansas Department of Health
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19); includes statistics on confirmed, presumed, and at risk people in Arkansas.
- COVID-19 Resources
Little Rock Metropolitan Municipal ResourcesFind information about city center closures and postphoned events in the metropolitan area.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS)
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Situation Dashboard; includes interactive world map with current cases.
- Advice for the Public
Johns Hopkins University
- Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center; includes a real-time map that tracks Coronavirus COVID-19 cases around the world.
American Library Association (ALA)
- ALA Pandemic Preparedness Resources for Libraries; provides general information about preparing for a pandemic, including library-specific policy suggestions and more universal resources on pandemic education, prevention and preparation.