State Agency Liaisons
Communication between the Arkansas State Library (ASL) and each state agency, board, commission and state-supported educational institution is often necessary concerning the deposit of documents.
To designate a liaison between your agency and the Arkansas State Library, complete the Agency Liaison Contact Form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a change in the Agency Liaison occurs, notify ASL immediately.
Orientation sessions or individual training can be arranged for liaisons upon request. Contact our staff to arrange a session.
Completed forms may also be mailed or faxed to:
- Arkansas State Library
- Arkansas State Publications Depository & Clearinghouse
- 900 W Capitol Avenue Suite 100
- Little Rock, AR 72201
- fax: 501-682-1532
Need for Agency Liaisons
Typical communications include questions on which documents to deposit, how many copies of a title to send, or to answer questions concerning the historical background of a specific title.
To expedite these requests and for the convenience of both the state agency, board, commission or state supported educational institution and the Arkansas State Library, agency directors are asked to designate a publication contact person(s) referred to as the “Agency Liaison.”
The agency liaison(s) serves as the primary contact for the state agency, board, commission and state supported educational institution. Choice of a liaison should be based on convenience to the agency. The liaison should be someone familiar with all of an agency’s documents and organization.
Within his or her organization, the Agency Liaison may establish a network of other staff to assist with identifying and sending publications to ASL. Each individual division, department, office, etc. may have an assigned liaison.
Duties of the Agency Liaison
- Send print copies of documents to ASL
- Send files for digital document to ASL staff, and the URL where published
- Ensure required certification and submissions forms are completed by appropriate staff
- Submit monthly publication report
- Contact ASL staff with questions about whether certain materials should be sent to the depository
- Assist ASL staff with referrals when questions need to be asked of experts in their agency
- Respond to claims for missing copies or titles, and resolve any issues concerning the status of a specific title such as discrepancies in frequency or title changes, etc
For more information, contact:
- Digital Services