Summer Reading Program
Youth Services Workshop March 13 2020 Ferndale 4H Center To register, click on this link to fill out the form. Print off the form and return with your registration fee to
Arkansas State Library
Attn: Brooke Crawford
900 West Capitol Ave,
Little Rock AR 72201
Registration Deadline: February 28 2020
Summer Library Programs are held in public libraries all across Arkansas in June through August every year. The Arkansas State Library's Youth Services programs are supported in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Public libraries will be offering a variety of activites, events, and learning opportunties for their local communities. In 2020, most will be focusing on music and using the theme of "Imagine Your Story" Each library will have their own schedule of events so check out a library near you and join in the fun!
2019 Session Recordings Use the code CSW19 to view through adobeconnect
Arkansas Teen Book Award Overview Chance Griebel, William F. Laman Library and Jennifer Watson, Saline County Library
Learning to teach beginner coding Devin Stanley and Kena Bailey, Fayetteville Public Library
Reading, Eating and Excercise: Using Libraries to Teach Healthy Lifestyles Jane Pelkki (Dietician and project manager), Sandy Doss, Simone Kirk and Sandra McAllister SouthEast Arkansas Regional Library
Yoga For Kids Rachel Smith Fayetteville Public Library
To locate the library nearest you, visit our library map directory at https://library.arkansas.gov/arkansas-library-locations
- 2020 Imagine Your Story (all ages)
- 2019 A Universe of Stories (all ages)
- 2018 Libraries Rock! (all ages)
- 2017 Build a Better World (all ages)
- 2016 On Your Mark, Get Set, READ!; Get in the Game (Teen); Exercise Your Mind (Adult)
- 2015 Every Hero Has a Story; Unmask! (Teen); Escape the Ordinary (Adult)
- 2014 Fizz Boom READ!; Spark a Reaction (Teen); Literary Elements (Adult)
- 2013 Dig into Reading; Beneath the Surface (Teen); Groundbreaking Reads (Adult)
- 2012 Dream Big READ!; Own the Night (Teen); Between the Covers (Adult)
- 2011 One World, Many Stories; You are Here! (Teen); Novel Destinations (Adult)
- 2010 Make a Splash- READ!; Makes Waves at Your Library (Teen); Water Your Mind (Adult)
- 2009 Be Creative @ Your Library; Express Yourself @ Your Library (Teen)
Arkansas participates in the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) which is a grassroots consortium of states working together to provide high-quality summer reading program materials for children at the lowest cost possible for their public libraries.
By combining resources and working with a commercial vendor to produce materials designed exclusively for CSLP members, public libraries in participating states or systems can purchase posters, reading logs, bookmarks, certificates and a variety of reading incentives at significant savings.
For more information contact Ruth Hyatt, Arkansas State Library, 501-682-2860; firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the library near you? Arkansas Public Library Directory