Summer Reading Program
Summer Library Programs are held in public libraries across Arkansas in May through August annually - an LSTA Sponsored Program.
- 2017 Build a Better World (all ages)
- 2016 On Your Mark, Get Set, READ!; Get in the Game (Teen); Exercise Your Mind (Adult)
- 2015 Every Hero Has a Story; Unmask! (Teen); Escape the Ordinary (Adult)
- 2014 Fizz Boom READ!; Spark a Reaction (Teen); Literary Elements (Adult)
- 2013 Dig into Reading; Beneath the Surface (Teen); Groundbreaking Reads (Adult)
- 2012 Dream Big READ!; Own the Night (Teen); Between the Covers (Adult)
- 2011 One World, Many Stories; You are Here! (Teen); Novel Destinations (Adult)
- 2010 Make a Splash- READ!; Makes Waves at Your Library (Teen); Water Your Mind (Adult)
- 2009 Be Creative @ Your Library; Express Yourself @ Your Library (Teen)
- 2008 Catch the Reading Bug @ Your Library; Metamorphosis @ Your Library (Teen)
- 2007 Get a Clue at the Library; YNK - You Never Know @ Your Library (Teen)
- 2006 Paws, Claws, Scales & Tales; Creature Features (Teen)
- 2005 Dragon, Dreams & Daring Deeds; Joust Read (Teen)
- 2004 Discover New Trails @ Your Library; Get Lost (Teen)
- 2003 Laugh It Up @ Your Library: Read!
Arkansas participates in the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) which is a grassroots consortium of states working together to provide high-quality summer reading program materials for children at the lowest cost possible for their public libraries.
By combining resources and working with a commercial vendor to produce materials designed exclusively for CSLP members, public libraries in participating states or systems can purchase posters, reading logs, bookmarks, certificates and a variety of reading incentives at significant savings.
Families will find more information about the Summer Library Programs here. Parents will also want to see A Letter to Parents
For more information contact Cathy Howser, Arkansas State Library, 501-682-2860; email@example.com
Where is the library near you? Arkansas Public Library Directory