State Agency Programs
Arkansas WorkForce Services
If you’re looking for a job or hoping to move to a better job, your local Arkansas Workforce Center provides the latest information about job vacancies, worker availability and salary or wage rates in your area. The center offers services on three levels:
- Self-service in the resource center
- Intensive services for those needing personal assistance
- Training for those who qualify
- Dislocated workers can get help finding new jobs through self-service labor market information and job seeking databases
- Help with job seeking skills such as resume writing and interview preparation
- Statewide referral system linking jobseekers to other agencies that can provide supportive services needed in order to become successfully employed
Career Readiness Certificate Program
This tool, the Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate (CRC), also enables prospective employees the ability to document the existing skills that they poses.
A Career Readiness Certificate confirms to employers that an individual possesses basic workplace skills in Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information – skills that all jobs require.
National Farmworkers Jobs (Arkansas Human Development)
After High School you will need to work to pay for housing, transportation, clothes... Find out how much money you will need and which occupation will pay for all your needs.
Option 1: Get a Real Life Check
For this option, identify your monthly living expenses and see what careers can provide the salary you need to cover them.
Option 2: Future Salary
Enter a salary and choose a desired education and occupational category. Then find the occupation with that salary and more.
Option 3: Occupation Direct this is Option 1 in reverse.
Choose an occupation, and then choose living expenses and see if the occupation wages will cover the expenses for your desired lifestyle.
Contact Ruth Hyatt, firstname.lastname@example.org for program materials.